ID Card Office Specialist
Administer and support Card Services programs and functions under general supervision.
This position reports to the Director, Card Services. Card Services issues and maintains the Stanford Campus Card (variously known as the Stanford ID Card, University ID, or Student ID), as well as manages a variety of applications and services. We administer access control, point of sale, and copiers and printers, as well as grant privileges or entitlements to campus individuals and groups
- Implement, administer and evaluate day-to-day activities of Card Services.
- Manage the issuance of campus ID cards to Faculty, staff, and visitors to campus.
- Receive, analyze, schedule, fulfill, and bill for IT Services Card Office order requests using the various order and fulfillment systems (e.g., CS Gold, Lenel, Service Now, Exacq, Cablebridge, NetDB, RegAdmin)
- Track and distribute cable TV and cable modem boxes to students and residential clients
- Collaborate with other groups in IT Services to support the software and management of Campus Cards.
- Reconcile daily receipts for the Card Office.
- Collect and analyze data, create reports, review and explain trends; formulate and evaluate alternative solutions and/or recommendations to achieve the goals of Card Services.
- Analyze and interpret policies; develop, revise and implement procedures.
- Represent Card Services within University IT. May also represent Card Services to external constituencies.
- Participate in outreach activities that may include communications, events, training, conferences, and/or fundraising.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with Stanford-specific systems and tools: CS Gold, Lenel, Service Now, Exacq, Cablebridge, NetDB, and RegAdmin.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize own work and multi-task.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team.
- Relevant subject matter knowledge.
- Ability to direct the work of others, for jobs requiring supervision.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sitting, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Frequently use a telephone.
- Regularly lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 11-20 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- May work extended hours or weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Stanford University’s commitment to safely and effectively meet the public health challenge presented by COVID-19 extends to ensuring University employees may work from home, or another off-site location, where determined appropriate, whenever necessary through the end of the 2020 calendar year. The department will give reasonable notice when employees are expected to return to work at the Redwood City campus.
Why Stanford is for You:
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
- Redwood City. Our new Stanford Redwood City campus, opened in 2019, will be the workplace for approximately 2,700 staff, including University IT, whose jobs are important to supporting the University’s mission. The campus will offer amenities such as onsite cafes and a dining pavilion, a high-end fitness facility with an outdoor pool, and a childcare center for Stanford families.
- Relocation and sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
How to Apply:
We invite you to apply for this role by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button.
- Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
- Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Code: 4121
Employee Status: Regular
Requisition ID: 87626