Participates in all aspects of the award-protocol congruency review and approval process, ensuring compliance with federal regulations and University policies and procedures. Assists in planning and developing policies and procedures to ensure, manage and monitor effective compliance in sponsored research analysis.
- Assumes primary responsibility for a program, service, activity, operation or function in an assigned area. Develops objectives, practice and procedure and identifies resources to ensure accomplishment of operational goals.
- Coordinates day-to-day operations in order to achieve designated goals. Ensures effective management and leads the development and implementation of best practices.
- Designs and implements quality control metrics to identify areas of risk. Analyzes, recommends, and implements strategic solutions to minimize risk.
- Develops a variety of complex report and other written materials.
- Provides guidance to and collaboration with internal and external partners as necessary.
- Develops, oversees and monitors budgets.
- Develops and maintains specialized training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in related field and three years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Experience with clinical trials/pharmaceutical studies. Precise and exacting in relation to data and/or sample collection.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to build strong collaborative relationships with physicians, staff, hospital administrators, and study investigators.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Detail-oriented. Self-motivated, independent, consistent, and reliable. Ability to coordinate multiple activities among multiple studies. Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Expertise with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Demonstrated knowledge of operational processes in a laboratory setting.
Weekend Hours Required?
Evening Hours Required?
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: email@example.com.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus