Postdoctoral Researcher at the Laboratory of Thermal Spray Coatings, CDMM
4 days left
- Full Time
About the Centre
The mission of the Skoltech Center for Design, Manufacturing and Materials (CDMM) is to conduct research, education, and innovation activities to improve the product and materials realization cycle to accelerate innovation for the benefit of society. CDMM is engaged in the development of advanced manufacturing technologies that are based on fundamental science and engineering principles. CDMM closely cooperates with the industry and involves companies in the development of programs and the transfer of knowledge and know-how.
About this Position
Applicants are invited to apply for a postdoctoral research fellow (PDF) position within the Laboratory of Thermal Spray Coatings at Skoltech’ Center for Design, Manufacturing and Materials. The successful candidate will be involved in full-time research work as a researcher to make original contributions to the development of new thermally sprayed coating systems. The PDF is expected to regularly collaborate with faculty members and may also assist in student supervision, commit to scientific research projects and significant contribute to strengthen laboratory portfolio by publishing papers in scientific journals.
- Strong metallurgy and materials science background;
- Experience in surface engineering, especially thermal spray coatings;
- Experience in CAD design, CAE simulation, and FEA analysis;
- Experience in conducting hands-on laboratory experiments;
- The candidate must meet the English language requirements of the Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology.
- Experience in understanding and managing wear and corrosion processes.
To be eligible for this fellowship you need to have:
- Ph.D. degree in Mechanical, Materials or related fields awarded within the five years preceding their date of appointment;
- Analytical thinking, data analysis, and critical problem-solving skills;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently;
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary research team;
- Evidence of good oral and written communication skills;
- Strong publications records.
How to apply
- Research statement (1-3 pages) demonstrating a fit with the Laboratory of Thermal Spray Coatings.
- Current curriculum vitae demonstrating research excellence and a capacity for leadership in the domain.
- Two letters of reference from academic supervisors or current employers.
- PDFs files of your 2-3 most important scientific papers.