Lecturer, Tourism and Hospitality Management
Lecturer, Tourism and Hospitality Management
Job no: 585342
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
Categories: Teaching and Research
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
As an internationally recognized Australian university based in Asia, RMIT Vietnam assists in the development of the region by providing opportunities for students from around the world to belong to an international educational community that supports them to achieve their potential in an increasingly globalized world.
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
School of Business and Management
RMIT Vietnam’s School of Business and Management has established a reputation for excellence in business and management education, providing high quality, industry responsive programs relevant to the national and global marketplace. The Management Department, within the School, has six discipline areas. Our business programs offer fresh perspectives on business problems and we inspire our students to think, challenge and create.
We deliver work ready graduates. In today’s competitive environment, professionals need the skills to adapt to an ever-changing business world. With RMIT Vietnam's close partnerships with industry, our students are engaged with some of industry’s top business people, receiving knowledge and skills aligned directly with their specific career paths. At RMIT Vietnam, we give our students the skills to address real-world business issues.
The role and responsibilities
As a Lecturer you will contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the University, in disciplines related to their field of expertise. Specifically, you will carry out teaching activities within undergraduate and, potentially, Masters programs to maintain and advancing their scholarly, research and/or professional capabilities. The Lecturer will actively promote the program by establishing and maintaining memberships, links and partnerships with academic, industry and professional communities.
For a more detailed account of the position responsibilities, you can click on the following link:
Download File Lecturer_THM January 2020.pdf
Key selection criteria
- PhD in Tourism and Hospitality Management or related area.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of the disciplines mentioned above, specifically in the area of Food and Beverage Management and Hospitality discipline
- Evidence of refereed publication in a Tourism & Hospitality Management discipline
- Extensive knowledge and notable practical experience in the area of food and beverage management - broadly defined, including restaurant management, food production management, beverage management, food safety, and restaurant related technology and systems – is preferred.
- Demonstrated abilities and experience to prepare and teach programs at undergraduate level and the ability to produce high quality curriculum or program materials.
- Ability to undertake course coordination responsibilities.
- Capacity to work effectively with and to negotiate sensitively with students especially on issues related to effective learning.
- Demonstrate ability to publish research outputs which will contribute to existing Discipline and School research areas and industry links.
Benefits for successful applicants:
- Highly competitive VND salary (plus allowances) for Vietnamese candidates or attractive USD salary package (plus benefits) for expatriate candidates depending on proven track record in meeting all the key selection criteria.
- Commitment to ongoing professional and personal development.
- 20 days annual leave plus two University public holidays (in addition to standard VN public holidays) plus 10 days sick leave per annum.
- Expatriate candidates: Relocation allowance + flight (for expatriates relocating from outside Vietnam) + reimbursement of all work permit and visa related costs + private medical insurance + annual health check
- Vietnamese candidates: 13th month Tet bonus + private medical insurance + annual health check.
- Free on-site gym facilities plus variety of well-being and fitness classes available to staff.
- Access to extensive international online library and resources
- Undergraduate education fee support for dependents after a two-year qualifying period.
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0, or BULATS Advanced level (BULATS score 75) or equivalent.
- As an expatriate candidate you will require a work permit to be employed in Vietnam. To qualify for a work permit you will need a PhD qualification and you will need to be able to demonstrate at least 5 years of teaching tourism and hospitality related subjects in a tertiary education environment.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close 31 October 2020
Advertised: 23 Sep 2020 SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: 31 Oct 2020 SE Asia Standard Time