Lecturer or Senior Lecturer, Global Trade
- Full Time
Lecturer or Senior Lecturer, Global Trade
Job no: 591489
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
Categories: Teaching and Research, Global, Urban & Social Studies
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
As an internationally recognized Australian university based in Asia, RMIT Vietnam assists in the development of the region by providing opportunities for students from around the world to belong to an international educational community that supports them to achieve their potential in an increasingly globalized world.
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
School of Business and Management
RMIT Vietnam’s School of Business and Management has established a reputation for excellence in business and management education, providing high quality, industry responsive programs relevant to the national and global marketplace. The Management Department, within the School, has six discipline areas. Our business programs offer fresh perspectives on business problems and we inspire our students to think, challenge and create.
We deliver work ready graduates. In today’s competitive environment, professionals need the skills to adapt to an ever-changing business world. With RMIT Vietnam's close partnerships with industry, our students are engaged with some of industry’s top business people, receiving knowledge and skills aligned directly with their specific career paths. At RMIT Vietnam, we give our students the skills to address real-world business issues.
The role and responsibilities
As an academic team member you will contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the University and School of Business and Management, with specific focus to undertake teaching in the field of Global Trade, within a newly established postgraduate program, the Masters of Global Trade.
You will also undertake teaching activities in other courses related to their field of expertise within undergraduate, Masters and Graduate Diploma programs and be responsible for maintaining and advancing your scholarly, research and/or professional capabilities. You will be expected to actively promote the program by establishing and maintaining memberships, links and partnerships with academic, industry and professional communities.
For a more detailed account of the position responsibilities, you can click on the following link:
Download File Bus Innovation_Lecturer, Global Trade_Jan 2020.pdf
Key selection criteria
- PhD or equivalent Doctoral qualification in an area of relevance such as International Trade, Strategy, Logistics, Data Analytics, Business and Economics Analysis.
- At least 5 years’ industry experience in 'real world' global transactions and negotiations
- A strong teaching and research profile in various fields of Global Trade.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and teaching undergraduate and postgraduate level programs, and the ability to produce high quality curriculum or program materials.
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with students especially on issues related to effective learning.
- A track record and recognition for quality research outputs, publications, development of new research initiatives, competitive research funding, and industry links.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise higher degree by research candidates.
- Ability to work with external partners, industries, organisations and communities and can operate effectively to address complex issues or seek opportunities.
Benefits for successful applicants:
- Highly competitive VND salary (plus allowances) for Vietnamese candidates or attractive USD salary package (plus benefits) for expatriate candidates depending on proven track record in meeting all the key selection criteria.
- Commitment to ongoing professional and personal development.
- 20 days annual leave plus two University public holidays (in addition to standard VN public holidays) plus 10 days sick leave per annum.
- Expatriate candidates: Relocation allowance + flight (for expatriates relocating from outside Vietnam) + reimbursement of all work permit and visa related costs + private medical insurance + annual health check
- Vietnamese candidates: 13th month Tet bonus + private medical insurance + annual health check.
- Free on-site gym facilities plus variety of well-being and fitness classes available to staff.
- Access to extensive international online library and resources
- Undergraduate education fee support for dependents after a two-year qualifying period.
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS Academic 7.0 with no band less than 6.5.
- As an expatriate candidate you will require a work permit to be employed in Vietnam. To qualify for a work permit you will need a PhD qualification and you will need to be able to demonstrate at least 5 years of teaching global trade related subjects in a tertiary education environment.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close 24 November 2020
Advertised: 27 Oct 2020 SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: 24 Nov 2020 SE Asia Standard Time