Research Fellow, Centre for Research and Development in Learning
2 days left
- Full Time
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who shares our passion in deciphering the enigma of the brain to join us in the Centre for Research and Development in Learning (CRADLE) at Nanyang Technological University as a Research Fellow. We are interested in building research capacities in the Science of Learning, particularly in the area of educational neuroscience. We seek to understand how cognitive neuroscience can be applied to education to optimize learning.
Candidates who are interested in educational neuroscience and neuroimaging research in bilingualism are strongly encouraged to apply. The current project will be investigating bilingual and biliteracy development in early childhood using multi-modal approaches including behavioral assessment, intervention, and brain imaging with MRI.
The successful candidate will work closely with researchers at CRADLE, the Clinical Brain Lab headed by Professor Annabel Shen-Hsing Chen, National Institute of Education (NIE), and other international collaborators from institutes such as Johns Hopkins University. The successful candidate will have access to the advanced Siemens 3T MAGNETOM Prisma MRI scanner and other state-of-the-art facilities in NTU including MEG, fNIRS, EEG, and tDCS.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Develop behavioural measures (including linguistic and non-linguistic tests) and training programmes
- Take charge of behavioural and neuroimaging (magnetic resonance imaging) data collection
- Analyze behavioural and neuroimaging data
- Contribute to the dissemination of research findings: conduct literature reviews, prepare academic publications (e.g., conference presentation, paper, book) and research reports
- Assist the Principal Investigator in coordinating day-to-day research activities with research assistants
- Doctorate (PhD) degree in experimental psychology, developmental psychology, cognitive psychology, neuropsychology, cognitive neuroscience, linguistics, education, biopsychology, neurology, psychiatry, medical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, or related fields
- Experience with conducting behavioural experiments in neuropsychology or cognitive psychology
- Experience with non-invasive neuroimaging techniques (e.g., MRI, fNIRS, EEG, MEG)
- Record of excellent scientific writing skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Hands on experience with MRI neuroimaging techniques and working with children
- Familiarity with image data analysis tools such as SPM, FSL, AFNI, DSIStudio
- Familiarity with programming languages such as Matlab, Python, etc.
- Experience with language, reading, and/or bilingual research
- Experience with intervention studies
Please include your research interests and contact information of three referees in your CV during application.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.