Research Fellow, Surbana Jurong Corporate Lab
As a part of the Surbana Jurong Corporate Lab, we are looking for an experienced research fellow with strong background in computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and high performance computing (HPC).
- Actively participate in research and development in selected areas across thermal energy systems, for instance in areas that can include Fluid Dynamics, Heat/Mass Transfer and numerical simulation
- Carry out numerical simulation of thermo-mechanical processes in cold energy capture and storage
- Carry out numerical simulation of coupled fluid and heat flow (multiphysics) in complicated geometries
- Develop turbulent flow models for particular applications and use HPC for computer expensive studies
- Support writing project progress reports, prepare presentations in official and internal technical meetings, preparation of seminars and workshops
- Candidate will also be responsible for summarizing and reporting the CFD Modelling results, and make recommendations to other researchers in the group and project management
- Collaborate in publication of research papers
- PhD degree in Mechanics/Mechanical or Materials Engineering
- At least 4 years of research or similar engineering experience on Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- A good working knowledge of fundamental fluid mechanics, turbulent flows, thermodynamics and heat transfer
- A good understanding of the principles and application of CFD Experience with commercial CFD software package (COMSOL, ANSYS Fluent, etc) is essential
- Knowledge in parallel computing and high performance computing is a plus
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.