Research Fellow, Rolls-Royce@NTU Corporate Lab
2 days left
- Full Time
Rolls-Royce@NTU Corporate Lab is currently looking for a candidate to join them as a Research Fellow.
- Perform EMI/EMC analysis using computational electromagnetics modelling and simulation tools
- Responsible for development and design of EMC filters for various power electronics converters and test against international standards, i.e. DO-160 for aerospace, DNV EMI/EMC standards for ships
- Fabrication or hand crafting of prototypes and do the test
- Support EMC testing and troubleshooting of products in accordance with different standards
- Support product development with test recommendations and analysis of test results
- PhD degree in Electrical/Electronics/Power/ with a strong academic record
- Deep understanding of the physics and fundamental of low frequency and high frequency of electromagnetics
- Good understanding of power electronics topologies (AC/DC, DC/DC & DC/AC) and familiar with power converter circuit simulation tools like Simulink/PLECS/PSIM
- Knowledge and/or prior work experience in the design, development, and test of EMI/EMC components and technologies. Familiar with equipment like vector network analyser, spectrum analyser etc.
- Experience in solving noise problems in high switching frequency converters and ability to design of EMI/EMC filters to meet stringent requirement. It should be supported by good understanding of converter layout and component placement in converters
- Good understanding of common-mode and differential mode inductor design and capacitor selection. Experience on Finite Element simulation for inductor design
- Detail Documentation of the design during the project execution
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Possess a strong drive in working towards challenging requirements and deliverables
We regret that only shortlisted candidates would be notified.