Senior Administrative Officer
DEPARTMENT OF HIGHER EDUCATION AND TRAINING (SECONDMENT)
THREE-YEAR CONTRACT POSITION
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be required to:
- Monitor and support students on the DHET scholarship program before and during their studies including but not limited to: queries, reports, communication, travel arrangements, compliance and contracts;
- Facilitate the application process of all international scholarship recipients studying in China, Hungary or Russia and other foreign countries;
- Provide support & administrative assistance relating to all pre-departure orientation programmes;
- Provide general administrative support to the Scholarship Directorate at the Department of Higher Education and Training.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations/Education/Public Administration/Politics/ Philosophy or Economics;
- Three years administrative experience in a scholarship environment;
- At least three years’ experience working in a higher education or international education environment;
- A valid drivers' license.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- A thorough knowledge of and experience in the following:
- Higher education system in South Africa;
- Internationalisation of higher education;
- Administration of international scholarships or study programmes;
- Postgraduate funding programme;
- International relations and the National Development Plan;
- Policy and legal framework regulating the South African higher education system;
- Development of policies, guidelines and instruments towards offering international scholarships.
- Computer literacy including MS Office Suite: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, web and social media skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Report writing skills;
- Must be client orientated;
- Ability to manage conflict;
- Ability to interpret messages and communicate information clearly and concisely;
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Plan and prioritise work;
- Ability to work under pressure and willingness to work extended hours when required;
- Problem solving;
- Ability to collect, manage and articulate data and information.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- An Honours/ Postgraduate qualification in a relevant field;
- Three years’ administration experience focused on international scholarships or study programmes;
- Experience studying or working abroad;
- Three years’ experience and knowledge of postgraduate funding programmes.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The all-inclusive remuneration package for this contract position will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 31 October 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms AR Segeri, Tel: (012) 420 4051 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for application-related queries.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 December 2020, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.