Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The Theoretical Scientist will report to Garnet Chan. This is a full-time, permanent position. The Theoretical Scientist will technically contribute to scientific research in the area of tensor networks and quantum simulation and will contribute to the code development of the associated libraries.
- Work on projects associated with tensor network simulations and quantum circuit simulations.
- Develop new software and maintain existing software associated with the group, including software related to tensor network libraries and simulations.
- Help organize internal group seminars and provide coding assistance to the group members
- Perform other duties as assigned
- PhD from a top-tier institution in Physics
- Basic experience in tensor network and quantum circuit simulations
- 2 years Unix or Linux programming experience (Python, C)
- Good communication with collaborators
- Advanced knowledge of tensor network theory and quantum information
- 4+ years Unix or Linux programming experience (Python, C) developing simulation libraries