Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
Research assistant will work with faculty in the Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences collecting and organizing data.
- Coordinate with the AWS team on campus to OCR 2.5 million death records from Paris 1932-1972
- Use machine learning tools to “read” the data into table format that makes them usable for analysis 3—with columns for age, sex, address occupation and so forth
- Develop additional programing to geo locate residence, place of death, and place of birth
- Master's degree
- 2 years of experience in research in economics
- Competency with computer programming Python and Stata
- Some French proficiency