Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
Caltech's Athletics Department is searching for a Certified Lifeguard to supervise the safety of recreational swimmers. Under general supervision, will work as a Certified Lead Lifeguard to supervise the safety of recreational swimmers and athletes during inter-collegiate practices.
Hours include early morning, afternoon, evenings and weekends and will require flexibility to work on short term notice. This is a regular part-time 30 hours per week, benefit eligible position.
- Supervise recreational swimmers, maintaining focus on water and pool equipment
- Educate swimmers and enforce policies
- Maintain swimming fitness (recommended to swim a minimum of three times weekly)
- Perform rescue duties as necessary
- Participate in all scheduled in-service training sessions
- Maintain appropriate certifications
- Duties may include covering the front office
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum 50 lbs. of athletic and pool equipment in and around the pool area
- Must be available to work various hours with short term notice, including weekends, early mornings, evenings and the ability to work holidays
- Ability to work effectively with students, staff, faculty, alumni and community members
Must possess the following certifications or can obtain them before employment begins and maintain them throughout the course of employment:
- Current Lifeguard Training and Community First Aid Certification
- Current CPR for the Professional Rescuer Certification
- Current AED Certification
- Water Safety Instructor
- College degree
- Lifeguard experience
- Lifeguard Instructor Certification
- Cover Letter