Administrative Associate III
Business Title: Administrative Associate 3
Unit: Stanford Confidential Support Team (CST)
Full-time: 100% FTE
If you are ready to work for an organization that nurtures diversity, respect, professional development and a comfortable work-life fit, we invite you to explore this opportunity and apply online for the position of Administrative Associate. This position supports the Confidential Support Team (CST), within the portfolio of Vaden Health Services, a part of the Division of Student Affairs at Stanford University. CST is an office focused on providing resources and support to students impacted by sexual assault, relationship violence, and/or gender-based discrimination.
Inclusion and diversity are integral to Stanford’s commitment to excellence. We are interested in candidates who have demonstrated experience engaging with diversity through activities such as fostering an inclusive environment, working with students and staff from diverse backgrounds, or incorporating diverse perspectives in their work. We seek candidates who can support the vision of a new office, work to help establish a new outlook, mission and values, and support Our Most Important Work.
In this role, you will:
- Manage day-to-day administrative operations of office focused on response and counseling for students impacted by sexual assault and relationship violence.
- Answer routine calls and urgent calls from students in distress, orient students to service and connect students to counselors, schedule appointments, and manage front desk; job requires a high level of sensitivity to issues presented by survivors of sexual assault.
- Create and maintain tools to capture and report service utilization data.
- Provide administrative or operational support with limited supervision. May be responsible for leading other administrative staff or subordinates.
- Act on behalf of the supervisor, department manager, or chair in regards to establishing priorities and identifying and resolving problems that are administrative in nature.
- Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, and events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, administering logistics, and managing event within budget.
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for presentations, course handouts, grants, conferences, seminars, and reports; perform substantial editing and fact checking. Create, maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in various unit documents, displays, reports, brochures, social media, and/or websites.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) with limited consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Create complex reports and spreadsheets which may utilize specialized software and systems.
- Oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial transactions; produce, monitor, and reconcile budget statements; research, identify, and resolve discrepancies. May assist with capital or special equipment requests and/or vendor selection.
- Coordinate and monitor routine maintenance services completion. Plan and coordinate office moves and/or minor renovation projects.
- May lead staff or supervise day-to-day work of student and/or temporary workers, including scheduling, assigning, and prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, reviewing work for quality and timeliness, and providing performance review input.
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- High school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to others.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- Administrative and/or operational experience in a health care setting.
How to Apply:
We invite you to apply for this position, please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter along with your online application.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Internal Job Title: Administrative Associate 3
- Internal Job Code: 4103
- Grade: F
- Schedule: Full-time – 100% FTE
- Exemption: Non-exempt
- Appointment Duration: Continuous
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4103
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 87429