Research Process Manager
Is customer service your passion? Do you enjoy working as part of a team in a fast-paced environment? If so, then Stanford University School of Medicine has an extraordinary job opportunity! The Research Management Group has central oversight for all sponsored project funding in the School of Medicine. As a Research Process Manager 1 (RPM), you will work with faculty on developing and obtaining grant funding for their cutting edge research. We offer our RPMs an extensive training and mentoring program in research administration, and have created a certification program that provides continued growth within the position. As an RPM, you earn two levels of certification, with each level bringing expanded institutional signature authority. With certification there is also the opportunity for a regular 1-2 day work-at-home schedule.
- Work with the faculty, postdocs, and department administrators to provide support and oversight for administration of a large volume and diverse set of complex federal and non-federal sponsored research projects.
- Provide direction and counsel to faculty, postdocs, and department administrators relating to pre-award and post-award administration of grants/contracts using in-depth understanding of applicable federal regulations, sponsor requirements, and University policies such as OMB A-21, OMB A-110, Cost Accounting Standards, Food and Drug Administration and Medicare pricing and reimbursements.
- Responsible for budget development based on in-depth understanding of University and sponsor requirements.
- Review and approve proposals as the institutional official before submission.
- Negotiate and accept awards terms and conditions on behalf of the university and School.
- Serve as the University representative liaison between the principal investigator and sponsor.
- Collaborate with other University central offices involved with research administration processes.
- Gain independence towards completing and passing Certification I which will authorize signature authority on a subset of sponsored projects.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Knowledge of relevant governmental regulation (e.g. OMB Uniform Guidance, Cost Accounting Standards, Medicare, FDA, OHRP).
- Ability to understand and interpret university and sponsor policies.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Demonstrated commitment to personal responsibilities and value for safety, shown through communication of safety concerns and sue and promotion of safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Must obtain School of Medicine Process Manager Certification Level 1.
- Frequently perform desk based computer tasks, seated work, use a telephone and use light/fine grasping.
- Occasionally write by hand, lift, carry, push pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely stand, walk, sort, and file paperwork or parts.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- May work extended or non-standard hours based on project deadlines or business cycle needs.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4491
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: H
- Requisition ID: 87469