Research Fellow, Geodesy
1 day left
- Full Time
The Asian School of the Environment (ASE) at Nanyang technological University in Singapore invites applications for a Research Fellow (<5 years’ experience after PhD). We are broadly interested in applications from qualified candidates who have interests and expertise relevant to the use of geodesy for monitoring and understanding hazards in South and Southeast Asia, and/or to the use of geodesy for mapping and understanding disasters. We are particularly interested in candidates who have expertise in observing and modelling tectonic or volcanic deformation with geodetic data, and candidates who have experience applying machine learning to geodetic data.
Successful candidates will join a diverse and dynamic group of geodesists at ASE and Earth Observatory of Singapore (EOS), whose research covers GNSS, GNSS-IR, InSAR, tectonic geodesy, climate geodesy, sea-level rise, groundwater-related subsidence, and disaster response using remote sensing.
- Process regional geodetic data using open-source tools such as GAMIT and GipsyX (GNSS) and GMTSAR and ISCE (InSAR)
- Model geodetic data to understand regional hazards
- Further their research direction independently and in a team
- Write up research results for publication in peer-reviewed journals and present results at conferences
- Assist in disaster response activities as needed
- Ph.D. in Earth science, geophysics, geodesy, natural hazards, computational modelling, or a related field
- Strong expertise in high-precision GNSS data processing using the GAMIT or GIPSY processing tools and/or InSAR processing using GMTSAR or ISCE
- Experience with other types of data such as GNSS-IR, satellite altimetry, and GRACE would be a plus
- Strong expertise in programming with Python or MATLAB.
- Demonstrated expertise in using geodetic data to analyse and model sea-level change and/or tectonic deformation
- Strong track record of publishing research relevant to the position in Tier 1 journals
- Evidence of excellent communication skills
- Evidence of independence in research direction and team spirit
- Desire and ability to work as part of a multi-cultural team, and demonstrated ability of intellectual thought leadership
Some information about the work of our group can be found at https://twitter.com/eos_aria.
Interested applicants should submit a CV, list of publications, research statement, and the names and contact information for three referees.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU