Medical Research Specialist I
- Be involved with the day-to-day running of the research laboratory.
- Training of graduate and undergraduate students. Be instrumental in research projects, data collection, data management, grant management and the preparation of initial manuscripts, grants and other outputs, contributing significantly to the research output of the University.
- Responsible for conducting routine maintenance and supervision of training students and faculty of department flow cytometry.
- Responsible for breeding normal and knock out strains of mice, and managing sufficient stuck to carry out research projects.
- Carry out administrative and management work associated with laboratory organization and functioning and research, grants and publications.
- Conduct and execute various research experiments.
- Perform necessary data analysis, including the statistical analysis, and be involved in interpretation and communication of main results and their preparation for publication and future research grants.
- Organize, carry out and assist in teaching Immunology practicals for undergraduate medical students.
- Be responsible for maintenance and troubleshooting of all laboratory equipment.
- Carry out administrative work associated with laboratory research, like consumables inventories, ordering and procurement of laboratory supplies and consumables, etc.
- Ensure that safe laboratory practices are followed, by students.
Specific Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Independently conduct and perform of all experiments related to all the projects
- Trouble shoot and analyze the day to day results.
- Assisting students and PI Projects in conducting experiments involving intra and surface staining in preparation for flow cytometry analysis. molecular biology techniques including semi quantitative and real time PCR, RNA, cDNA, gDNA from mouse tail or tissues in preparation/extraction and gel electrophoresis, immunocytochemistry, ELISA, cell culture, and extracting lymphocytes from mice spinal cord and other tissues.
- Assisting other faculty members in flow cytometry work and analysis.
- Conduct experiments involving type 1 diabetes and EAE induction and follow up disease development in mice. mammalian cell isolation and primary cell culture methodologies
MSc. Or BSc. with minimum of 5 years of research experience in university institutions.
Minimum 5 years of experience in Immunology techniques. Experience in academic or research institution setting. Demonstrated technical proficiency in Immunology techniques flow cytometry, cells staining and measuring cytokines expression, by flow cytometry, ELISA, real time PCR
Division College of Medicine&Health Sciences
Department Microbiology - (CMHS)
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Staff
Salary 11000 to 23000 AED