Research Fellow, Molecular Biology
A Research Fellow position is available in the laboratory of Prof Peter Preiser, School of Biological Sciences, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. The project will focus on identifying and characterizing the biological activity of chemical scaffolds with antimalarial activity. Specifically, the study looks leverage on diverse chemical libraries to identify new drug targets against the malaria parasite, as well as unique molecular markers of resistance. Subsequently, these proteins/genes are to be validated using molecular tools and biochemical assays.
- PhD in Biosciences with focus on cell / molecular biology
- At least 2 years prior experience in malaria parasite research is preferred
- Well-versed in cellular and biochemical assays, molecular biology techniques such as plasmid cloning (experience with CRISPR will be a plus), western blotting, and immunofluorescent microscopy are essential
- Holding RCULA animal handling certification is a bonus
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for collaborative working, to be self-motivated, well organised and focused
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU