Research Assistant, Hardware Security and Trust Assurance
A Research Assistant position is available in the Centre for Integrated Circuits and Systems (CICS), School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering.
CICS, the IC design centre of Excellence is jointly funded by Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB). The goal is to provide a good foundation in a leading-edge research and educational environment for design of efficient integrated circuits and systems to support the increasingly large demand from Singapore electronics industry, and foster innovation and entrepreneurial spirit and culture among engineers in Singapore. It focuses on major design challenges for future cutting-edge energy-efficient ICs and systems on chips. Such advanced but low-cost and affordable systems will be the key enablers for a host of emerging technologies in various sectors, such as healthcare, safety/security, energy production, automotive, mobile communication, robotic, entertainment, smart homes, industry automation and control, and much more centering around the Internet of Things (IoT). CICS has skillful and experienced faculty members, researchers and graduate research students, state-of-the-art equipment and laboratories, professional management and administration, as well as a strong network with major semiconductor fab and fabless companies in Singapore and worldwide.
- Work on a project to conduct the research on exploring and analyzing the security weaknesses of deep learning models and their hardware accelerator implementation
- The work requires good knowledge in hardware security, VLSI/FPGA implementation, DNN model and security leakage analyses for development of attacks and countermeasures
- Implement, analyze and test hardware/software to evaluate effectiveness of DNN accelerator attacks and countermeasures
- Present and report findings to funding agency and during progress review meeting
- Publish research results in top-tier international conferences and journals
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
- At least 2 years of relevant development experience or research work related to hardware security, system security, machine learning, hardware implementation of deep learning model
- Expertise in hardware security and security analyses
- Experience in FPGA/IC design, and familiar with Synopsys and Cadence design tools
- Knowledge in deep learning model and digital image processing or computer vision preferred
- Publication is a plus
- Proficiency in basics of programming languages such as C, C++, Python and Matlab
- Proficiency in popular machine learning frameworks such as Caffe, TensorFlow and PyTorch
- Proficiency in English and technical communications
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU