Medical Student Wellness/Mental Health Team Student Services Specialist
The Office of Medical Student Wellness (OMSW) provides student life advising, wellness programming and learning environment initiatives to enable students to thrive academically and personally throughout their medical school experience. The OMSW team is seeking a Student Services Specialist to provide administrative and operational support to faculty, staff, and students on issues regarding admission, financial aid, housing, registrar services, visa services, student life, advising, career counseling and academic services. Resolve routine issues of limited scope within own work area using general guidelines and standards or precedents as reference.
- Review documents and forms for completeness, track files for follow up and distribute for review.
- Research and resolve routine issues, refer complex issues to other staff.
- Input data, update electronic databases, web sites, literature, and associated materials. May collect, gather and validate data, prepare basic reports.
- Coordinate logistics for outreach activities, meetings, and events.
- Respond to routine inquiries from students, faculty, external constituents, and staff.
- Serve as a subject matter resource to students and other departments.
- Contribute to general office administration and process improvements.
- May train and direct day to day activities of student and temporary workers.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Demonstrated understanding of graduate student culture and the graduate school environment
- Demonstrated interest and success working with diverse student populations
- Experience writing emails, meeting minutes, reports, proposals, or other correspondence on behalf of supervisor
- Experience working in a position with multiple responsibilities requiring frequent transitions from one task to another during the work day such as: emails, phone/zoom calls, zoom and in-person student/faculty/staff contact, and coordinating work with co-workers
- Maintain confidentiality of students, staff, and faculty.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Two year college degree and one year of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Customer service skills.
- Basic office administration skills.
- Ability to learn compliance with legal, financial, and university policies and external regulations.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES: None PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS*:
- Frequently sit, perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Occasionally stand, walk, twist, use fine manipulation, grasp, use a telephone, write by hand, sort and file paperwork, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job. Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 7500
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: E
- Requisition ID: 87547