Professor / Assistant Professor / Associate - Chemistry and Chemical Technology
PUBLIC (INTERNATIONAL) JOB VACANCY AD
Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Technology of the University of Ljubljana invites applications for the following
Position of employment: University teacher of physical chemistry, for an indefinite time, full time employment.
Position requirements: doctor in science, current assistant professor, associate professor, full time professor for the field of physical chemistry.
The candidate meets the condition if he has a valid UL title or valid title of the guest teacher at UL. If, at the time of application, the candidate does not have an election to the above mentioned titles, but he meets the qualitative and quantitative conditions for election to these titles, he can apply for the job vacancy, in which case, together with the application, he/she shall also provide evidence of compliance with the above criteria, accompanied by a statement, in the event of a decision by the selection committee, the application shall also be considered as an application for election to the title or for the recognition of the equivalence of the title.
Active knowledge of English and B2 knowledge of Slovenian according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), which is proven by a certificate. If a foreign national does not meet this requirement when occupying the position, they shall meet it no later than within three years after employment.
Short description of work and tasks:
- lectures for students and conducting seminars at study programmes of levels I and II
- individual work with students such as consultations, tutoring, contact hours, etc.
- knowledge testing such as exams, colloquia, seminar papers, presentations, etc.
- organising or co-organising of all activities in order to carry out the class in compliance with the curriculum and expert findings, as well as coordination of work and monitoring of work of other course tutors
- updating of teaching and implementation plans for courses and active cooperation in the shaping and upgrading of curricula
- planning, implementation and acquisition of assets for scientific research work
- directing of research work and study activities of students and mentoring of students in the writing of doctor's, master's, graduation and other papers.
from 15/10/2020 to 14/12/2020
The University of Ljubljana encourages gender equality in employment. The employment contract shall be concluded with a candidate who meets the position requirements.
Written applications should be sent to:
University of Ljubljana
Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Technology
Večna pot 113
Contact person at the member faculty:
Name and surname: Mojca Lozej