Research Engineer Automation
Research Engineer Automation, 2 years
Lund University, MAX IV ,
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and more than 8 000 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
MAX IV is a Swedish national large-scale research laboratory hosted by Lund University. It provides scientists from Sweden as well as internationally, with state-of-the-art instrumentation for research in areas such as engineering, physics, structural biology, chemistry and nanotechnology. Fully developed it will receive more than 2 000 scientists annually, conducting ground-breaking experiments in materials and life sciences using the brilliant X-ray light.
For the next coming years we will have a high workload in the automation team and are now looking for a temporary reinforcement.
As a member of the automation team, you will work with various aspects of automation such as functional descriptions, programming, installation and commissioning.
- A suitable educational background in automation.
- Understanding electrical schematics.
- English Communication skills in speach and text.
- Well-documented work experience in the automation industry.
- Previous experience from synchrotron radiation facilities, process industry or similar.
- Experience in using Rockwell Automation products such as Studio 5000, FactoryTalk Assetcentre, FactoryTalk View SE , FactoryTalk Linx.
- Background in electrical engineering.
- Experienced and structured in writing test procedures, protocols, functional descriptions and commissioning as well as knowledge in programming, documenting and testing applications.
- Swedish communication skills in speech and text.
As a person, you are a creative problem solver with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and align to decisions made. As you will work with shifting types of tests as well as people. You have good communication skills and the ability to work in groups and to create strong professional relations with different level of stakeholders, exchanging information and supporting colleagues to achieve personal and team goals. Good collaboration skills are therefore important.
On call services may apply in the future.
Lund University welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We regard gender equality and diversity as a strength and an asset. We kindly decline all sales and marketing contacts.