Associate senior lecturer in Transport and Roads, focussing on sustainable mobility & accessibility
Associate senior lecturer in Transport and Roads, focussing on sustainable mobility and accessibility
Lund University, LTH,
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and more than 8 000 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
LTH forms the Faculty of Engineering at Lund University, with approximately 9 000 students. The research carried out at LTH is of a high international standard and we are continuously developing our teaching methods and adapting our courses to current needs.
The Department of Technology and Society, Division of Transport and Roads at Lund University, Faculty of Engineering invites applications for a position as Associate senior lecturer in Transport and Roads, focussing on sustainable mobility and accessibility.
Transport and Roads, focussing on sustainable mobility and accessibility
The subject specifically addresses policies for and modelling of sustainable mobility with a particular focus on accessibility, equity, inclusion and distributional effects.
Research topics particularly include
- Quantitative public transport analyses (networks, scenarios, simulations)
- Interactions between the built environment and transportation networks, travel pattern investigations
- Transport and urban planning: policies, involvment with users and stakeholders
- Equity and accessibility: public transport supply and demand vis-à-vis different segments of populations
- Mobility among and transport challenges for older persons and persons with functional limitations
Employment as an associate senior lecturer is a career development, and aims for the holder to develop his or her independence as a researcher and educator. The work duties mainly involve research and teaching. The position shall include the opportunity for five weeks of training in higher education teaching and learning.
Work duties include
- Research within the subject area.
- Collaboration with researchers and stakeholders within two research centres:
- K2 Swedish Knowledge Centre for Public Transport, and
- Centre for Ageing and Supportive Environments (CASE), a network-based centre at Lund University.
- Teaching in the first, second and third cycles of studies.
- Supervision of degree projects and doctoral students.
- Actively seeking external research funding.
- Administration related to the work duties listed above.
Appointment to associate senior lecturer requires that the applicant has a PhD or acquired corresponding research expertise. Priority should be given to applicants who have completed their degree or acquired the corresponding expertise no more than five years before the last date for applications.
- Very good oral and written proficiency in English.
For appointments to associate senior lecturer, the following shall form the assessment criteria:
- A good ability to develop and conduct high quality research.
- Teaching skills.
- Existing international network, e.g. proven by scientific publication with researchers from different academic institutions or research organisations.
Consideration will also be given to ability to co-operate, drive and independence, and how the applicant’s experience and skills complement and strengthen ongoing research, education and innovation within the department, and how they stand to contribute to its future development.
Terms of employment
This is a full-time, fixed-term employment of 6 years. The period of employment is determined in accordance with Chapter 4 Section 12a§ HEA.
Instructions on how to apply
Applications shall be written in English. Draw up the application in accordance with the Academic qualifications portfolio at LTH, se link below, and attach it as three PDF files (in the recruitment system). Read more here:
Lund University welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We regard gender equality and diversity as a strength and an asset. We kindly decline all sales and marketing contacts.