Client Success Manager
Job Code: 4916
Job Grade: H
ABOUT THE ROLE
Technology Consulting Group (TCG), a small team internal to Stanford’s central IT organization (UIT), has an opening for a Client Success Manager. This is a new role for our team. We’re looking for someone who will help us build and deepen relationships with clients across the University, be their skilled advocate, and connect them to the best technology solutions and services that advance their mission and improve their outcomes. Our CSM will manage the client experience throughout the lifecycle of each custom IT solution we provide.
WHO WE ARE
We are an entrepreneurial, ambitious and forward-thinking team with a keen focus on customer service. We deliver modern cloud-based solutions that are as individualized as our clients are diverse. We are all full-time Stanford employees who have built their careers supporting the world-changing research, teaching, learning and care giving that’s at the core of our University’s mission.
ABOUT OUR CLIENTS
We work with professors and doctors, laboratories and academic departments, big schools and small teams. Each client has a different set of priorities and constraints; thus, each project and solution is uniquely tailored. We have varying degrees of scale, with different mixes of technologies but use a common tool set. We are with the client throughout the solution’s lifecycle. They are our colleagues, and we are invested in their success.
Stanford University's commitment to safely and effectively meet the public health challenge presented by COVID-19 extends to ensuring University employees may work from home, or another off-site location, where determined appropriate, whenever necessary through the end of the 2020 calendar year. The department will give reasonable notice when employees are expected to return to work at the Redwood City campus. This position is eligible for full-time remote work from any location in the US, and may require periodic visits to campus once travel restrictions are lifted.
- Navigate across the UIT services landscape while managing the client experience throughout
- Act as our clients’ trusted advisor and advocate
- Represent the best of TCG; be our brand ambassador
- Set up new client meetings, determine key stakeholders
- Assess needs, visualize the possibilities and brainstorm with our engineers
- Develop fresh and relevant collateral material, web content, newsletters; be our voice in partnership with UIT Communications
- Manage statements of work, estimates, budgets, proposals, and agreements
- Triage our support queues, escalating or routing tickets and advancing concerns as necessary until there is a resolution
- Work with our financial administrators to ensure accurate billing and resolve billing issues
- Develop metrics, track satisfaction and be candid about our improvement opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience
- Ability to work independently to meet expectations and deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand the target audience lifecycle and ability to convert leads into new business.
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Experience with managing products/programs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated understanding of modern cloud computing fundamentals, specifically Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Jira desirable
PERKS AT STANFORD
We work for the greater good. We don’t have conventional tech company perks, but if you’re local, we'll pay for your Caltrain ticket, match-and-double your retirement contributions, help with your dependent's tuition, and provide healthcare options that include zero deductible plans. Because Stanford is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, you might qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program with the Dept of Education.
TCG supports working from home and helping to make your commute, and your life-work balance, a success.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4916
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: H
- Requisition ID: 87577