Research Officer, Psychology
- 12-month fixed term role
- Role based at the Albury/Wodonga campus
- $67,796 - $90,821 pro rata plus Superannuation
- 0.6FTE or 3 days per week
About the role
The Department of Psychology and Counselling is recognised as a leading authority in many areas of psychology, including clinical psychology, neuropsychology, social psychology, cognition, developmental psychology, and behavioural neuroscience, affirmed by achieving a ranking of 4 (above world standard) in Psychology research and 5 (well above world standard) in Neuroscience research in the Excellence in Research Australia (ERA) assessment.
The position will be funded by La Trobe University as part of funding made available to Associate Professor Leah Brennan and administered by La Trobe University.
The appointee will
- Provide psychological assessment and treatment for eating, weight and body image concerns within research projects and clinical evaluations
- Conduct research relating to telehealth psychology and guided self-help psychology
- Provide telehealth and/or guided self-help psychological assessment and treatment within research projects and clinical evaluations
- Provide clinical supervision to provisional psychologist, psychology registrars, and psychologists/clinical psychologists
Skills & Experience
In order to be successful in this role, the preferred candidate will have:
- Registration as a Psychologist.
- Completion of a Master of Clinical Psychology.
- Clinical and research experience in the area of eating, weight and body image.
- Eligible to provide Medicare funded psychological assessment and treatment.
- Evidence of experience in research and evaluation and the ability to work effectively under limited supervision or independently.
- A record of contribution to publications, conference papers and/or reports, or professional or technical contributions which provide evidence of research potential.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 11pm Sunday 8th November 2020
Position Enquiries: Associate Professor Leah Brennan, Email: email@example.com
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Recruitment Partner Justin Bolton on +61 (03) 9479 1073
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number 560130 under current vacancies.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.