Research Fellow, Chemical Engineering/Environmental Engineering/Materials Science and Engineering
A Research Fellow position is currently available in Nanyang Environment & Water Research Institute - Residues and Resource Reclamation Centre (NEWRI-R3C).
- Lead research activities in at least one of the following domains: (1) Gasification/pyrolysis – development of advanced thermal technologies for solid waste treatment (e.g., municipal solid waste, plastics, and sludge), (2) Syngas purification – materials and processes for syngas upgrading (e.g., tar, chlorine, sulfur removal, and CO2 capture), (3) Heterogeneous catalysis for syngas utilization – catalytic syngas conversion into valuable products (e.g., chemicals, fuels, and nanomaterials)
- Ensure the development of strong technical expertise in these domains within the team
- Prepare research proposals, publications, and technology disclosures
- Supervise students and junior research staff
- Ph.D. degree in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, or a related field
- Previous R&D or work experience in (1) gasification and/or pyrolysis, (2) syngas purification, and/or (3) heterogeneous catalysis for syngas utilization
- Hands-on experience with system engineering, process modelling and optimization, technology prototyping, materials synthesis, characterization and applications would be an advantage
- Ability to supervise research students
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Excellent teamwork awareness
- Experience in preparation of progress reports and peer-reviewed publications
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU