CME Research Fellow
To enable outstanding post-doctoral scientists for a period of independent working in order to obtain external fellowship funding, which could provide a pathway to a long term future at King’s under an existing scheme.
1. To design and conduct a range of experiments in relation to the project within the Centre’s Research Themes (Physics and Engineering, Interventional Engineering, Computer Science and Imaging Chemistry) and Clinical Challenges (Cardiovascular, Neurological and Psychiatric conditions and Cancer)
2. To utilise the Centre’s infrastructure enabling the translation of medical imaging and healthcare engineering into clinical and/ or commercial use.
3. To prepare and present findings of research activity to colleagues for review purposes.
4. To undertake the preparation and submission of future research funding applications to established funding programmes run by a research council or medical research charity within 6 months of the start date of the award.
5. Develop new collaborations with awardees identifying a Co-I within the Centre to act as a sponsor.
6. To undertake the drafting and submitting of papers to appropriate peer reviewed journals.
7. To contribute to the overall activity of the research team and Centre as required.
8. To hold responsibility for ensuring that equipment is safe and maintained in working order and assist with laboratory upkeep
9. To comply at all times with the requirements of the Health and Safety regulations with responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of others in the working environment
10. To ensure confidentiality on all matters and information obtained during the course of employment.
11. To carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the Centre Director.