The National Institute of Education invites suitable applications for the position of Research Associate on a 12-month contract (renewable) at the Learning Sciences and Assessment Academic Group.
Project Title: Computer-Supported Collaborative Argumentation in Social Studies and History Classrooms
Project Introduction: This project is to design, develop, implement and evaluate an online collaborative argumentation system with automated assessment through multi-dimensional learning analytics and visualization in Social Studies and History classrooms of Singapore. The project develops assessment indicators and visualization for both cognitive argumentation and social participation in the collaborative argumentation. The project will adopt a design research approach to work with school teachers closely to engage students with collaborative argumentation activities in classrooms.
- Master degree in the area of learnings sciences, educational technology or related areas.
- Experiences in school-based research, teaching experiences are preferable.
- Good record in paper writing and publication.
- Ability to collaborate in a cross disciplinary environment and to communicate with people of different backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Good knowledge on system development and maintenance.
- Work as part of a collaborative team to do research in technological and pedagogical design, implementation and evaluation
- Conduct literature review in relevant areas
- Work with educational technologist on needs analysis and testing of system
- Curriculum and pedagogical design and implementation
- Professional development of teachers
- Data collection and data analysis
- Writing reports and papers
- Other duties as assigned by PIs
Applicants should complete and submit the following item/s:
- Application form for Research Positions
- Cover letter explaining how you meet the requirements of this position
- Supporting documents as stated on the job application form
- Other documents to support your qualifications
Applicants (external and internal) will apply via Workday. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Closing date for advertisements will be set to 14 calendar days from date of posting.
NIE staff can take chartered buses at their own expense from or near their homes to the NIE campus. This is subject to availability of seats.
Hiring Institution: NIE