Project Officer, Computer Science
School of Computer Science and Engineering invites applications for the position of Project Officer.
The goal of the research team is to advance the capabilities of mobility simulation and to develop and analyze innovative intelligent transport system solutions. One specific area the research team is working on is efficient mechanism to support simulation-based experimentations.
The Project Officer will have opportunity to work on a project with real-life relevance in an international and multidisciplinary working environment.
- Explore the vast design space, a large number of simulation runs are often required
- Reduce the costs in terms of time and hardware resources
- Investigate and develop methods to apply the state-of-the-art machine learning approaches for prediction and steering of simulation-based optimisation processes to reduce the number of simulation runs
- Use parallel and distributed computing techniques to reduce the execution time of each simulation run
- Work on developing smart city and intelligent transport system solutions such as traffic light optimization, map matching, and vehicle localisation
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Good knowledge of C++ or Java and at least one scripting language
- Ability to work independently and with an international team
- Excellent analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.