Research Fellow, Solid State Chemistry/Materials Science
School of Materials Science and Engineering invites applications for the position of Research Fellow.
The job is in the area of development of high efficient thermoelectric materials and materials processing methods for solid cooling devices. The Research Fellow will play a crucial role in solid state chemistry synthesis, vacuum sealing, processing, characterization, property evaluation and application of thermoelectric materials for targeted applications.
- PhD in Solid State Chemistry/Materials Science
- Strong background in Materials Engineering
- Experience with thermoelectric materials, hot pressing, thermoelectric material testing, module preparation and solid state chemistry materials synthesis and single crystal growth
- Experience in handling ball milling, vacuum sealing system, ZEM-3, laser flash etc
- Able to perform synchrotron x-ray data analysis, thermoelectric modulus fabrication and handling ball milling, vacuum sealing system, ZEM-3, laser flash etc
- Good command of oral and written English
- Good knowledge on band structure engineering, synchrotron X-ray process, materials characterization
- Experience in designing and properties of thermal properties and thermoelectric properties of materials
- Knowledge in all the thermoelectric device fabrication.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.