Assistant Academic Quality Officer
Job Profile Academic Quality - Quality
Contract Type Fixed Term
Reporting to the Academic Quality Team Leader, the Assistant Academic Quality Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of matters within BPP University’s Academic Quality team. The role holder will be responsible for providing professional administrative advice and expertise, direction and input across a range of areas including:
- External Examination
Your work will require a high level of organisation and accuracy to ensure that administrative matters relating to academic quality are handled appropriately. In addition, the role holder will provide high quality administrative support within the Academic Quality Team and will ensure the delivery of accurate and timely information to all its stakeholders in a professional manner.
- Assist in the preparation and management of internal and external audits of provision (e.g. Ofsted, QAA and OfS).
- Assist in the preparation and management of committees by, for example, managing meeting appointments, coordinating availability of external members and liaising with the Secretary.
- Assist in the preparation and management of internal conferences by, for example, managing meeting appointments and coordinating availability of external members.
- Participate in operational planning meetings in liaison with the Academic Quality Team Leader to support the work carried out by the department.
- Carry out administrative tasks relating to External Examination (e.g. undertaking research to ensure eligibility, drafting appointment letters, ensuring details are up to date and processing invoices).
- Assist the Dean of Academic Quality with simple budget tasks, such as data entry of invoices and expenses from externals.
- Identify improvements to contribute to the continuous operational improvement of the academic quality.
- Support the BPP University Senior Leadership Team with administrative requests.
- Undertake such other tasks and duties as may be required from time to time by the Academic Quality Team Leader which are commensurate with the role of an Assistant Academic Quality Officer.
Department University Academic Services - Academic Quality
Vacancy location UK, London, London Liverpool Street
- GCSE English and maths at Grade C (or equivalent) or above.
- Experience working in an administrative environment
- Good numeracy skills
- The ability to work in a team and be adaptable to changing priorities and timescales
- Ability to deliver key objectives within agreed timeframes
- High levels of confidentiality and discretion
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to effectively manage own workload.
- The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Experience of working in the higher education sector
- A Level English or math (or equivalent)
Contract Hours 37.50