UniSA Connect Outreach Scholarship
- Postgraduate (PhD and Masters by Research) scholarship to undertake a research project embedded in the outreach work of UniSA Connect
- Open to Australian and New Zealand Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia
- Qualified candidates will be eligible to receive $28,092 per annum (2020 stipend rate) over 3 years in scholarship support
About this scholarship
UniSA Connect is an established and highly effective outreach program promoting participation in higher education, particularly in the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) and Career Awareness. UniSA Connect is offering a postgraduate (PhD and Masters by Research) scholarship to undertake a research project embedded in the outreach work of the program. We are seeking candidates with a background in a relevant field such as education or science communications who are looking to become leaders in areas such as STEM outreach, expanding higher education participation, or teacher professional development.
The project will be supervised by senior researchers from the Centre for Change and Complexity in Learning (C3L). Our current research priorities are in the role of outreach in supporting transformative change in schools; in improving the sustainability and scalability of innovative educational practice through university outreach; in improving women’s participation in STEM education and careers; and in improving education for creativity. The candidate will have access to C3L’s world-leading data infrastructure and UniSA’s SMARTSchool facility to undertake their research. The successful candidate will complete their research while embedded within the program and gain valuable experience participating in the design and delivery of outreach programs. An allowance for professional and academic
development will be available in addition to the stipend.
- The scholarship is open to Australian and New Zealand citizens, and permanent residents of Australia.
- The scholarship is open to commmencing and continuing candidates.
- Applicants must be have or be eligible for DCSI clearances to work with children.
- Applicants must meet the entry criteria for a Research degree at the University of South Australia.
$28,092 (2020 rate) for 3 years with provision for possible six months extension as per RTPd standard conditions plus up to $10,000 p.a. additional support to be negotiated.
How to apply and closing date
Application closing date: 6 November 2020
For more information contact Associate Professor Simon Leonard at Simon.firstname.lastname@example.org.