Project Officer, Developmental Psychology
The School of Social Sciences is hiring a project officer who will ensure that the research projects and the lab runs smoothly. The responsibilities include planning, coordinating, implementing research activities, administrative duties, and training of NTU students. The position holder will contribute to the vibrant research community in NTU, and helps to uphold its image as a young, fast-rising, research-driven university.
The project officer will work with Assistant Professor SETOH Peipei at the Early Cognition Lab, Psychology, School of Social Sciences.
The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in psychology, cognitive science, neuroscience, or a related field. Prior experience in conducting experiments with children and/or adults, and proficiency with statistical analysis software (Python, Matlab, R, Stata, etc) is a plus. This is an excellent position for someone who loves working with children, wants to gain expertise in cognitive development research while being part of a supportive lab environment that prioritizes professional development, including teaching, publications and grant-writing experience. Additionally, he/she will be part of the vibrant intellectual community in child psychology.
- Perform experiments with children and adults online and offline
- Recruit, train and supervise undergraduate research assistants
- Perform research duties (e.g., IRB protocol, research grant administration and accounting, maintain budgets, submit reimbursement requests, database management, data entry, data coding)
- Engage in academic activities (proof-reading, prepare reports, grants, and present findings)
- Work with local partners to recruit participants and organize data collection
- Provide general support to researchers in the lab
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Education, or a related field
- Computer skills, proficiency with MS Office
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Strong organizational, managerial, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Experience working with young children in research/school setting
- Ability to interact with a diverse population of participants
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU