Coordinator 4, Research Support
Under the direction of the Program Director and Program Manager, the individual in this position will determine potential sources of funding and prospective partnerships. Evaluates feasibility of accepting potential projects through analysis of needs, resource requirements, financial costs, and current planned capacity within the PIs diverse portfolio of grants, contracts, and related funds for multi-faceted research programs in the Section of General Medicine and VA Connecticut Healthcare System.
- Compares protocols and sponsored projects to confirm consistency between funding proposals/awards and approved protocols.
- Documents established congruency between funding proposals and approved protocols.
- Facilitates and/or assists with resolution of any inconsistencies between funding proposals and approved protocols.
- Serves as a liaison between the Grants and Contracts offices, investigators, and business managers to resolve congruency issues in a timely manner.
- Attends meetings and presents issues when necessary that were identified during congruency review.
- Serves as a resource and provides technical assistance to investigators and their staff.
- Provides analytical and technical support related to establishing and recording protocol/grant congruency, as needed.
- Monitors federal and state regulations for new guidance, updates, or policies. Maintains a high degree of knowledge on these requirements to determine actions and follow directives that may be required to ensure University compliance with congruency review and reporting requirements.
- Develops, implements, and manages internal practices that ensure compliance with federal requirements.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant academic/scientific field and a minimum of 3 years of related research support experience; or the equivalent combination of education or experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with demonstrated outstanding organizational skills. Ability to work well as part of a team in a customer service environment. Skilled in project management, administrative, and accounting.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Ability to read and interpret policies, procedures and guidelines. Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects and function well with conflicting demands, deadlines and stressful situations.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Demonstrated problem solving skills. Attention to detail for all financial transactions, deadlines, and communications.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Basic/intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Strong time management skills and ability to independently prioritize tasks. Exemplary time and attendance.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Experience with Yale University Office of Sponsored Research, Workday Financial System, Knowledge of Yale Policies and Procedures. Knowledge of VA systems. Existing "without compensation" status with the VA.
Weekend Hours Required? Occasional
Evening Hours Required? Occasional
Drug Screen No
Health Screening No
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
Additional Background or Health Screening Requirements
Selected incumbent must have successful completion of a federal and/or state background check investigation, in addition to the University background check.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note Yale University is a tobacco-free campus