FACULTY OF LAW
CENTRE FOR HUMAN RIGHTS
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 8
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The successful candidate will be appointed on a temporary full-time basis, initially for a one-year contract. The contract may be renewed depending on available funding, and the incumbent’s satisfactory performance. This is an existing but vacant position in the Centre.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Providing a complete financial management and reporting service to the Centre for Human Rights, an academic department and ‘non-profit organisation’ inside the University of Pretoria, including overseeing processing of accounts preparation, payroll, statutory compliance;
- Preparing and designing budgets, financial planning, financial analysing and reporting; and
- Actively engaging with all internal and external stakeholders, donor reporting and providing specialist advice and guidance.
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting; and
- Five years of professional financial management experience with non-profit or similar organisations.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- A proven track record of financial management, designing budgets, project planning and proposal writing;
- Proven experience in running a computerised accounting package;
- Professional financial management experience;
- Excellent computer skills in MS Excel, MS Word and other financial programmes and systems; and
- Highly motivated, ability to juggle multiple tasks and consistently meet deadlines.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- An advanced degree (e.g. Honours or Masters) in a related field;
- Valid driver’s licence; and
- Pre-existing relationships within the NGO community, as well as with foundations, media, and relevant policymakers.
The all-inclusive remuneration package for this contract position will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 9 November 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms P Ngesi Tel: (012) 420 5152 for application-related enquiries, and Ms C Viljoen, Tel: (012) 420 3810 for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 January 2021, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.