Medical Research Specialist 1
Responsible for performing a variety of complex technical tasks related to the daily operations of the research laboratory. Provide leadership and work closely with other clinical faculty and research staff.
- Sets up, and conducts experiments, tests, and other scientific procedures without supervision; prepares any compounds or chemicals needed; collects and collates data from procedures.
- Performs preliminary analysis of data from scientific procedures; collates data into publishable form; performs calculations; creates graphic displays of data analysis.
- Enters data into computerized system; maintains and updates files and databases.
- Monitors and maintains physical condition of laboratory.
- Maintains inventory of supplies; reorders as necessary.
- Maintains lab equipment; performs minor repairs.
- Troubleshoot simple experimental problems.
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, or a relevant scientific field OR Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology.
- Appropriate research/thesis-based Master's degree PLUS 3-5 years experience.
- PhD degree
- Previous research experience in an academic unit
- Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to lead and improve the operation of immediate work group.
- Knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of laboratory testing and analysis.
- Knowledge of safe laboratory practices.
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment operation and terminology.
- Knowledge of computer and word processing/database/spreadsheet software.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Good oral and written communication and training skills.
- Ability to maintain accurate records regarding events, outcomes, and the associated data.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical and statistical computation and analysis
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Proficiency in English.
Special Instructions to Applicant Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Division College of Medicine&Health Sciences
Department Internal Medicine - (CMHS)
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Staff
Salary 7000 to 18000 AED