- Will be responsible for executing methodologies for plant tissue culture and micro propagation cloning activities.
- Perform tissue culture and micro propagation methodologies for mass scale clone production.
- Help execute cultivation methods for efficient, high-throughout propagation.
- Maintenance of glassware and of culture media stock for production.
- Familiarity with autoclaves, centrifuge, incubator, laminar flow hood, analytical balances.
- Operation of laboratory equipment in a safe manner.
- Assure cleanliness of glassware, plastic ware, and other supplies as needed.
Bachelor degree in Plant Science or related field.
- Excellent listening skills, ability to follow protocols, willingness to learn new skills, and detail oriented.
- Experience producing clones in commercial nursery.
- Prior experience with sterile technique and maintaining plant tissue culture.
- Working familiarity with the maintenance and archiving of laboratory documents, SOP’s including electronic record keeping, and electronic inventory management.
- Must have excellent organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to perform delicate work with small hand tools for long periods of time.
- 1-2 years’ experience with plant tissue culture, nursery production, plant propagation, a sterile laboratory setting or some combination thereof is strongly preferred.
- Sets up, operates and maintains laboratory equipment and apparatus. Modifies equipment according to experiments specification and requirements.
- Optimization of plant production techniques / protocols and maintenance of general laboratory cleanliness, organization and safety.
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Division Date Palm Research&Development.Unit
Department Date Palm Research&Development.Unit
Job Close Date 21-10-2020
Job Category Staff