Associate Lecturer, Education Focused in Marketing
- Opportunity to contribute to marketing education and research and to work in a collaborative and supportive environment
- Located on the Darlington Campus
- Full-time fixed term for 2 years, education focused positionwith abase salary from $76K- $103K p.a.,plus leave loading and a generous employer’s contribution to superannuation
About the opportunity
Discipline of Marketing invites applicants for the position of Education-focused Associate Lecturer in Marketing (Level A). Education-focused roles are a specialised category of academic engagement reserved for talented educators with a passion for, and demonstrated excellence in, pedagogical practice and design. Our discipline is highly regarded and collegial. You will join a dynamic group teaching in large course work programs for undergraduate and postgraduate students. Current research and teaching covers; consumer behaviour, market research, marketing strategy, business to business marketing, marketing communications, brand management, digital marketing and CRM. The marketing discipline consistently has its research rated as above world average (4) in government ERA assessments. There is also a healthy PhD program and a very active and well supported research program.
The rapid change in the teaching landscape resulting from COVID adaptations has accelerated the School’s Business Not As Usual approach to learning and teaching. The Marketing discipline teaches around 9000 students each year and is seeking to further enhance the already excellent student outcomes, at scale, using technology as an enabler. The majority of your contribution will be within education (up to 70% - or 80% by mutual agreement), with a small proportion of workload (up to 20%) available for research. You will not only contribute significantly to the delivery of teaching, but also will lead the Discipline’s thinking and teaching practice as part of a wider community of education-focused academics.
In this position, you will:
- teach marketing units at undergraduate and postgraduate levels to culturally diverse student cohorts, and provide curriculum development in marketing
- make a contribution to the teaching strengths of the discipline, including the pursuit of teaching innovation grants and the development of high-quality teaching materials
- be involved in interdisciplinary teaching collaborations within the University and with external stakeholder
- contribute to academic administration in the area of teaching leadership and development
- support the adoption of innovative content design and delivery practices and authentic assessment in assigned units in line with School and University requirements
- support the incorporation of work integrated learning (WIL) opportunities within the curriculum and, where appropriate, contribute to the development and delivery of WIL content
- be able to develop and deliver online units at scale and be conversant with educational software to help deliver learning outcomes.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for an Associate Lecturer (Education Focused) in Marketing (Level A) who possesses:
- a higher degree in Marketing or a related field, or equivalent qualifications and experience,
- proven ability commitment and passion for engaging in scholarly activity to inform pedagogical theory and practice
- demonstrable ability to contribute to outstanding teaching and learning outcomes in marketing and marketing related subjects
- capacity to deliver high level contributions to course administration, curriculum design and unit coordination
- a distinguished record of innovative curriculum development in marketing
- demonstrated ability to support learning and teaching in a blended learning environment and at scale.
- high level teamwork and interpersonal skills and a desire to contribute to the collegial life of the marketing discipline and the School
- the willingness to contribute to the Business School and University’s wider mission.
TheUniversityofSydneyisAustralia'sfirstuniversityandhasanoutstandingglobalreputationforacademicandresearchexcellence.The University of Sydney Business School is one of the Asia Pacific region’s premier centres for engaged and innovative business education and research,and is the one percent of business schools globally to hold accreditation from AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA. It is the only Australian member school of CEMS, the Community of European Management Schools & International Companies.
The Business School has an outstanding international reputation in management research, learning, development of resources, and journal publishing and works in close cooperation with industry, government and the not-for-profit sectors. It is the oldest business faculty in Australia established in 1920, ranked 15th in Asia Pacific business schools and ranked number 1 in Australia for its MBA, EMBA and Master of Management degrees.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 8,100 academic and non-academic staff who support over 73,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1191/1020F to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30 pm, Sunday 1 November 2020
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.