Research Assistant, Scientific Illustrator
The Earth Observatory of Singapore (EOS) invites applications for a Research Assistant position. The incumbent will assist and be responsible for the development of professional looking scientific figures, schematic illustrations and presentations related to the groups’ research for both scientific and non-scientific audiences. He/She will work closely within a team of international scientists and students at the Earth Observatory of Singapore working on aspects of sea level and climate change on projects both locally in Singapore and Southeast Asia and globally as far as Central America and the Arctic circle.
- Review design brief and determine requirements
- Present rough drafts of ideas
- Develop figures and schematic illustrations with appropriate colours and layouts for a range of audiences
- Develop professional looking presentations for a range of audiences
- Amend designs following feedback from the group
- Ensure projects are completed to an agreed schedule
- Bachelor Degree in graphic design or scientific illustration
- Minimum three years’ of scientific illustrating experience
- Proficient in the use of Adobe editing software, including but not limited to Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel
- Beneficial to have a keen interest in topics of climate and environmental change
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability and enthusiasm for collaborative work
Applicants are invited to submit a detailed CV and 3 examples of your previous works. Review of applications will begin immediately. We regret that only successful candidates will be informed.