Research Fellow, Cell and Structural Biology
A Research Fellow position is available in the Laboratory of Alexander Ludwig at the School of Biological Sciences, Nanyang Technological University.
The Ludwig lab is interested in how epithelial cells polarize. In particular, we wish to understand how the nanometer-scale compartmentalization of the epithelial cell surface controls epithelial polarity signaling and morphogenesis, and how these processes are controlled in time and space. See here for more information: https://blogs.ntu.edu.sg/alabntusg/
The lab employs a range of techniques including biochemical and genetic approaches, mammalian cell culture, light and electron microscopy, correlative imaging, and proteomics. The Ludwig lab is located at the NTU Institute of Structural Biology, which provides a vibrant and collegial environment with access to state-of-the-art equipment for protein biochemistry, structural biology, cell biology and electron microscopy (https://nisb.ntu.edu.sg/Pages/Home.aspx).
- Lead a research project in the lab
- Design and conduct experiments independently and analyse experimental data at a high standard
- Train and advise PhD students
- Give regular research updates in the form of internal group meetings
- Present data at international meetings and conferences
- Write research publications and reviews
- PhD degree in Biochemistry, Structural Biology, and/or Cell Biology or related field
- Prior experience in molecular cloning, mammalian cell biology, the generation of stable cell lines, cell-based assays, light and/or electron microscopy, live cell imaging, biochemistry, protein expression and purification, structural biology, and mass spectrometry/proteomics are essential
- Experience in R, Python, MatLab or a related programming language and a theoretical and practical background in epithelial cell biology would be advantageous
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.