Grant and Contract Finance Administrator
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Job Description Summary
Serve as liaison between the University and funding sponsor including serving as intermediary between Investigator, Business Administrator and other University departments to ensure proper administration and compliance with terms and conditions of sponsored program awards for assigned portfolio of departments, schools and centers. Performs, oversees and reviews general ledger reconciliations, prepares financial statements and billings, provided guidance to the university community on grant accounting and operations; reviews sponsored program activity for compliance with federal circular and University policies and procedures.
- initiates the sponsored programs closeout process, prepares financial statements and billings according to sponsor terms and deadlines; performs a review of GL
- activity to ensure compliance with circular and sponsor terms and conditions including monitoring spending, reviewing and reconciling expenses, costs, revenue, EB and F&A, allowable costs, special terms and conditions and PMS activity.
- review and authorize and monitor award relinquishing/terminations , rebudgeting request, carryover requests, no cost extensions; and non-financial closeout reports for NIH awards
- provides guidance to university community on sponsored programs administration issues
- prepares, reconciling and closing journal entry upon closing and disabling fund accounts
- update and audit award and fund account parameters
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Office, Library or Computer room
- Typically sitting at desk or table
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years to 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Certified Research
Administrator preferred. Demonstrated knowledge of sponsored programs and post award administration and related federal policies, procedures and regulations. Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently, handle varied work assignments, prioritize tasks, demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills and customer service orientation. Knowledge of university systems including PennERA, BEN and Data Warehouse preferred.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Division of Finance
$42,953.00 - $77,315.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.