Student Services Manager
Advertised on behalf of St Mary’s International College Ltd
Location: Twickenham, London
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Reports to: Principal, Holmes Education Group
Closing Date: 13 November 2020
About Holmes Institute
Holmes Institute is a diversified, multinational, multi-sectoral education provider that offers an extensive range of educational programmes for students and professionals including university programmes from undergraduate to master’s level, secondary education, language training, vocational and work-based training and teacher training. St Mary’s International College is one of four embedded colleges operating under the Holmes Institute Pathways (UK) banner.
About the Role
The Student Services Manager will be tasked with the successful implementation and delivery of SMULIC’s provision of teaching and learning, in conjunction with the Director of Quality and Learning, and student support services. This will include but not be limited to the following areas: administrative duties related to the management of academic teaching staff; compliance requirements; assuring quality standards of teaching and learning; student support and welfare services; monitoring of student participation and engagement; student performance and overseeing remedial intervention programmes; records, reporting and regulatory matters. The role will require working collaboratively with other members of the college team across marketing, admissions, finance, ICT and corporate staff as well as with colleagues at St Mary’s University, London.
- Track record of success in administration with tertiary education
- Excellent interpersonal skills and flair for presentation
- Strong English language communication skills (verbal and written) including effective report-writing skills
- Passion for engaging students through the effective delivery of induction, orientation and support activities
- High-level administrative skills including competency in the use of Windows-based software packages
- Familiarity of working in a fluid, multi-cultural environment
- Ability to manage projects efficiently
- Capable of organising own workload to meet deadlines in the context of multiple demands
- Attention to detail combined with a flair for ambitious, original thinking
- Ability to work under pressure, show initiative and take ownership
- Willingness to work weekends and evenings to support recruitment activities if required
- Being a Team player
- A recognised teaching qualification and teaching experience
- Experienced in the use of VLEs (e.g. Blackboard, Moodle)
- Knowledge of university pathway programmes
- A good working knowledge of UKVI Student Route compliance regulations and QAA Code of Practice
- Proficiency in a second language
- Relevant, professional experience in a similar role within the education sector
Applicants will need to demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK on an ongoing basis. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
What we offer
Holmes Institute believes in rewarding success and offers exceptional career prospects in the UK and internationally.
SMULIC reserves the right to fill the position by invitation.
Enquiries and applications, including a cover letter and CV, should be sent to: Tim Matthew | Principal, Holmes Education Group | t.matthew’holmeseducationgroup.com
Applications close at 17.00 on Friday 13 November 2020. Only successful applicants will be contacted