Deputy Director, Resources and Technical Services, University Library
- Key Library leadership role
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement
- Full-time, continuing position based in vibrant Adelaide
About the Role
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. The University Library is integral in supporting UniSA’s teaching, learning and research mission through the provision of dynamic, high quality information resources and services accessed virtually (anywhere, anytime, any device), and via libraries servicing our metropolitan and regional campuses.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the position leads and manages client centric and innovative information services to support teaching, learning and research. As a key member of the University’s Library and IT Executive Team you will lead a high performing team to develop and manage the Library’s extensive range of information resources, including a large and growing digital collection, print resources and special collections.
- Actively contribute to strategic and operational plans for the Library
- Lead, manage and mentor the Resources and Technical Services portfolio (circa 32 staff), cultivating a strong collaborative culture
- Lead service transformation and process improvement initiatives
- Proactively develop and maintain internal and external relationships, ensuring the University is at the forefront of emerging developments
- Effectively manage operational (circa $4m pa) and resource acquisition (circa $10m pa) budgets
Essential Skills and Experience
- Post graduate qualifications in a relevant discipline, or demonstrated significant equivalent skills, knowledge and experience in a leadership position
- Extensive experience leading a Library service delivery team in a complex operating environment
- Extensive experience in change management strategic projects delivery
- Contemporary working knowledge of collection management, copyright and research support
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and stakeholder management skills
Benefits on offer
At UniSA, we seek to enrich people’s lives through the creation and application of knowledge. Our staff love to be a part of an organisational culture that promotes a strong commitment to educating professionals, sharing knowledge, and engaging with our communities.
We offer a competitive remuneration package that includes generous superannuation of up to 17%. Our family friendly approach and a range of other benefits support a healthy career/life balance available to enjoy in the highly liveable and vibrant city of Adelaide.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Bernie Dyer, Senior Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 2523.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Wednesday 11 November 2020
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
- Preview Application Form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.