Lecturer, Sports Science
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
DEPARTMENT OF HUMANITIES EDUCATION
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Co-ordinating and managing the practical component of the Sport Science Education Certificate under the leadership of the qualification coordinator;
- Working with TuksSport as a strategic partner;
- Working with COES (Comprehensive Online Education Services) as a strategic partner;
- Teaching Sport Science at undergraduate and postgraduate level;
- Undertaking postgraduate supervision;
- Conducting scholarly research.
- Masters in Sport Science or Sport Science Education or a related field;
- Evidence of teaching and Sport Science or Sport Science Education at higher education level;
- Evidence of research publications in Sport Science or Sport Science Education;
- Experience in course/module development, programme co-ordination, and hybrid/online teaching and learning;
- Evidence of sustained participation in organised sport.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Be transformational in educational view;
- Knowledge of sport and sport organisation;
- Student-centred in approach.
- Ability to engage in teaching and learning at a higher education level;
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Thorough understanding of the CAPS and how it is implemented in education;
- A thorough understanding of Sports Education;
- Ability to initiate and supervise research at postgraduate level;
- Ability to work in a community of scholars;
- Computer literacy;
- Value-based and value-driven person with the ability to set professional example to students.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Doctorate in Sport Science or Sport Science Education.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
- Names and contact details of peer reviewers (academic and research);
CLOSING DATE: 13 November 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 January 2021, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.