6 days left
- Full Time
INNOVATION AFRICA @UP
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 10
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
This position is for a Project Administrator supporting the Innovation Africa @UP and Forestry and Agricultural Biotechnology Institute, at the University of Pretoria with project management and development. Innovation Africa @UP is a new entity of the University of Pretoria to support industry-government-university joint research and development platforms. FABI is an established and world-renowned post-graduate research institute. FABI and Innovation Africa @UP scientists undertake goal-directed research, in partnership with major players in the forestry and agricultural sectors in South Africa and in so doing, promote both human capital and industrial development in the country.
The successful candidate will play a crucial role in human and resource management, financial oversight and administration. The incumbent will be the central point of communication and engagement for various stakeholders, including national and international partners.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Providing administration support on projects and human resources management;
- Overseeing the financial activities of projects and programs;
- Developing and managing the database systems;
- Developing and maintaining communication relationships with stakeholders;
- Undertaking any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree;
- At least two years’ proven experience in the following:
- General Administration;
- Human or Financial resource management;
- Experience with University management/administration processes.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Project management skills;
- Financial administration and management;
- Administrative and management skills;
- Good time management skills;
- Accuracy and ability to prioritise tasks;
- The ability to prepare technical reports;
- Good communication and verbal presentation skills;
- Effective stakeholder liaison;
- Social media skills.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Honours degree in any field;
- Experience in research management;
- Driver’s licence.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The all-inclusive remuneration package for this contract position will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 27 October 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Gojiwe Malobola e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 Decemebr 2020, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.