Research Assistant/Senior Research Assistant - Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Research Unit/QU Health
Research assistant / Senior Research assistant
Department Name Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Research Unit/QU Health
The Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Research Unit (BPRU) under QU Health started operation in September 2020. QU Health includes College of Medicine, College of Pharmacy,College of Health Sciences, and the recently established College of Dental Medicine. The BPRU brings together and unite researchers from severalcolleges forming multidisciplinary research teams that share resources and infrastructure. The interdisciplinary disease-approached research with a “problemand solution-based approach” adopted by BPRU aims to address Qatar’s grand health challenges with the ultimate goal to support the country’s efforts to advancehealth care.
Duties & Responsibilities
Assists the post-doctoral researchers or principal investigators by performing moderately complex research and experimentation following established protocols; performs routine lab and equipment maintenance; sets-up and operates various scientific apparatus; assists with research projects and may perform independent researcher performs various clerical and editorial duties; compiles, processes andanalyzes data; performs supervisory and training duties
- Sets-up and operates various scientific apparatus.
- Performs various clerical duties including, preparing correspondence, preparing and maintaining bibliographies, and completing applications and forms.
- Assists with research projects; prepares and maintains culture media, reagents, and experimental animals; grows cultures; administers injections; performs various assays; sterilizes equipment;separates and purifies various materials and substances using such techniquesas chromatography and electrophoresis; performs surgery on experimental animals; orders laboratory supplies; performs library research; prepares compounds; interprets experimental test data; performs minor equipment repairs.
- Performs various editorial duties; writes, reviews and edits various materials for publication; orders books and other publications.
- Performs supervisory and training duties involvinglower level employees; attends and participates in meetings, conferences, and training groups.
- Compiles processes and analyzes data; records research procedures and results; files and maintains records; codes data forinput for electronic data processing; inputs and retrieves data using computers.
Performs other duties as assigned
- MSc in Medical, Pharmaceutical, Biology/Chemistry, or Health Sciences or equivalent .
- Broad knowledge involving laboratory techniques or other specialized knowledge is desired.
- 2-3 years of experience in medical, biology/chemistry, pharmaceutical and/or health care labs or research is highly recommended
- Biosafety and/or quality assurance certificates is recommended
- Language: Proficiency in English and Arabic (both written and verbal) is preferred
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, a copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website(https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website(https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.