Maintenance Manager (Shift and Security Systems)
7 days left
- Full Time
Job title: Maintenance Manager (Shift and Security Systems)
The effective delivery of Hard Services and Fabric Maintenance across designated buildings located within the KCL Estate, to specifically include the following:
- The provision of a customer orientated Hard FM service
- Maintaining Risk Management systems
- Development of service innovations across their Campus and the Estate
- The responsibility for all DEL involved in the delivery of the mechanical, electrical, BMS and building fabric services within the designated locations in terms of safety and quality
- To ensure that the service delivery team is trained and competent for the roles for which they are responsible (i.e. Fit for King’s as well as conformance with the College’s environmental and H&S requirement) and to manage an upskilling programme for all staff
- Management of specific statutory compliance requirements applicable to Hard Services maintenance in terms of both execution and record keeping
- Delivery of a value-for-money service to the College
- Leadership with regards to energy reduction, and the implementation of KCL’s Environmental policy
- Strategic support to the Head of Asset Maintenance to deliver the College quality, innovation, energy/carbon and value for money agenda across the area of responsibility
- Day to day management and accountability of the Strand budget including monthly accruals and where necessary attend budget meetings. Working with others to build the annual maintenance budget for the campus.
- Support and work collaboratively to pro-actively in-source maintenance services alongside other Maintenance Managers
This is a full-time role, indefinite contract.
- Ensure maximum operational usage of all hard/fabric facilities
- Be accountable for the provision, operation and reactive maintenance of all electrical and mechanical services, plant and equipment and building fabric
- Ensure all repairs are carried within the defined SLA and value for money is obtained
- Ensure full compliance with all relevant H&S legislation and documents
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- HND/HNC in Building Services
- NEBOSH qualified
- High standard of general education including GCSE Maths and English
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good level of computer literacy
- A thorough understanding of health and safety legislation
- Extensive managerial experience with significant experience in a similar role
- Previous experience of budgetary management
- Experience and knowledge of the management and controlled reduction of energy consumption
- Knowledge and understanding of the handover and commissioning of new buildings and facilities
- Degree qualified in Engineering or Facilities Management
- Experience of working in critical engineering environments
- Previous experience of working in a multi campus university or similar environment
Rob Butler – 07920082321 / firstname.lastname@example.org
This post is subject to Disclosure and Barring Service and Occupational Health clearance.
This advertisement does not meet the requirements for a Certificate of Sponsorship under Home Office regulations and therefore the university will not be able to offer sponsorship for this role.