Research Fellow, Theoretical Computer Science
The School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences is looking for a motivated and adaptive individual to join us as a Research Fellow. This position is funded by a Ministry of Education AcRF Tier 2 grant of Li Yi. The goal of the project is to develop new theory and algorithms for massive datasets, with a particular focus on space- and time-efficient algorithms related to numerical linear algebra.
- Pursue cutting-edge research in algorithms for massive datasets
- Write or contribute to publications, and attend conferences and workshops, for disseminating research findings
- PhD in theoretical computer science, mathematics, or a relevant area
- A good background in probability in theoretical computer science
- A good record of relevant publications
- Research experience in problems related to big data algorithms, such as sublinear-time algorithms, streaming algorithms and randomized numerical linear algebra algorithms, would be an advantage
Applicants with different backgrounds who are keen to apply their knowledge to new problems are welcome to apply.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU