Research Associate, Preclinical Research
School of Materials Science and Engineering invites applications for the position of Research Associate.
The Research Associate is required to undertake the responsibilities in the CathoGlu Bioadhesives - preventing catheter extravasation and skin infections. He/she will work towards the timely completion of all grant milestones, objectives, and key performance indicators. Tasks include, but are not limited to blood/tissue/animal biocompatibility assays, polymer characterization techniques including but not limited to GPC, XPS, NMR, FTIR.
The Project Officer is required to manufacture and synthesize implantable medical devices made with composites of natural and/or synthetic biomaterials. He/she will be require to put up monthly grant reports, public dissemination of research findings in manuscripts and international presentations in both oral and written English.
- Master's degree in Materials Science, Polymer Chemistry, Biomaterials or equivalent
- 1-3 years of academic/industrial research experience in related areas is highly recommended
- Experience in blood/tissue/animal biocompatibility assays
- Familiar with polymer characterization techniques such as GPC, XPS, NMR, FTIR
- Knowledgeable in both natural and/or synthetic biomaterials
- An independent, resourceful and self-motivated personality
- Strong record of publishing and project management
- Good command of oral and written English
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.