- 1 FTE (5 days a week) or Part-time 0.8 FTE (4 days) negotiable
- Fixed term, 12 months duration, with the possibility of extension
- $86,191 - $92,274 pro rata plus superannuation
The Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society (ARCSHS) conducts world-class research and education on the social dimensions of sexuality, gender, health and human relationships. ARCSHS works collaboratively with other researchers, communities, community-based organisations, government and professionals to advance knowledge and promote positive change in policy, practice and people’s lives.
The Research Officer will support the interdisciplinary ARC Discovery project ‘Addressing hepatitis C-related discrimination in a post-cure world’ (DP200100941) led by Associate Professor Kate Seear. The appointee will undertake some of the research tasks associated with the study and will assist in supervision of more junior staff with key tasks. They will be appointed to manage day-to-day aspects of the project and conduct higher-level duties such as coordination of sector relationships, coordination of the project advisory board, ethics application preparation, and assist in recruitment, interviewing and coding interviews. They will also undertake some routine tasks such as interview checking and cleaning.
Skills & Experience
- Completion of a PhD in sociology, cultural studies, law, criminology, public health or a related field.
- Evidence of experience in research and the ability to work effectively under limited supervision or independently.
- A record of contribution to publications, conference papers and/or reports, or professional or technical contributions which provide evidence of research potential.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Experience in qualitative research methods and expertise in social theory (e.g. feminist or queer theory, posthumanism, science and technology studies and/or theories of governmentality) is highly desirable.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 11 pm Tuesday 3rd November 2020
Position Enquiries: Kate Seear: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Recruitment Partner Justin Bolton on +61 (03) 9479 1073
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number 560155 under current vacancies.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.