DEPARTMENT FOR EDUCATION INNOVATION
FLY@UP PROJECT (TWO-YEAR CONTRACT APPOINTMENT FOR 25 HOURS PER WEEK)
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 8
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will manage the campaign, which aims to ensure that all students at the University of Pretoria complete their qualification in minimum time. As a UP employee, the FLY@UP Project Co-ordinator would report to the Manager: Academic Advising and will be based at the University of Pretoria: Hatfield Campus.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Developing marketing strategies within a higher education environment.
- Student academic development.
- Cross-faculty liaison.
- Liaising with various stakeholders within the University domain.
- Designing and experience working with Adobe Creative Products such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator etc.
- An Honors degree with a relevant undergraduate qualification, preferably in Education, Marketing, Entrepreneurship or cognate field.
- 3 years of having worked with students in a higher education institution or in a youth development programme or similar.
- Events planning, coordinating and execution or similar.
- Marketing and/or communications and/or liaison and/or advertising experience.
- Project management experience.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
The successful candidate should be able to communicate complex ideas quickly and concisely and advocate for them in engaging ways. In addition, the incumbent needs to analyse data and use technology competently. The successful candidate should have:
- A passion for creative problem solving and working with young people and student-related problems;
- An ability to get things done with a strong ‘end-product’ orientation;
- Exceptional change management and abilities;
- The ability to handle a variety of complex tasks, meet stringent deadlines and work under pressure for extended periods of time;
- Flair for working with a range of stakeholders;
- Exceptional leadership/ management skills;
- Empathy and a passion for improving the lives of others;
- Be willing to get involved in the smooth set-up and running of marketing and communication events.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- A project management qualification;
- Experience in the following would be advantageous:
- Student academic development;
- Cross-faculty liaison;
- At least three years’ project management experience, particularly within the higher education sector;
- Evidence of research ability.
The all-inclusive remuneration package for this contract position will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 21 October 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms Khensani Mathebula, Tel: (012) 420 2417 for application-related enquiries, and Dr Hestie Byles, Tel: (012) 420 4121 for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 December 2020, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.